January 9th, 2014
Happy 2014 Everyone,
2013 was a tremendous year for TEAL Apparel. Much has transpired since the Launch in April and I want to thank everyone for their support and feedback. I launched TEAL to solve the many clothing challenges Long & Tall men and their loved ones encounter each day while providing a premium clothing option designed to fit and feel amazing. So I wanted to share with you what was accomplished last year, what I learned and give some insight as to where TEAL is going in 2014. I am here to serve you so your feedback is encouraged, I’d love to hear from YOU! This is a small family business with Long & Tall dreams. Nothing great ever came easy, yet a step forward is a step in the right direction. All best wishes in 2014 and come back soon.
What I did:
- Launch TEAL Apparel with 2 styles of premium chinos (slim and traditional fit)
- Moved to new location in Massachusetts to be closer to Boston
- Added inventory for greater selection
- Revised our story so you understand what TEAL stands
- Tailored the blog to discuss lifestyle trends in the Long & Tall space
- Included Free Shipping and Free Returns on all orders, because no one wants a hassle
- Defined the target market in bold black on the top of our website, because many customers questioned if they were TALL enough
- Increased our operations and design team to 6 people to improve quality, production and efficiency
What I learned:
- There are over 7.7 million men over 6’3 in the US and there is no premium clothing option designed to fit them.
- 70% of all menswear shopping is done by women and done online
- Resourcefulness and persistence pay dividends later
- Never stop learning and improving
- Trust is earned
- Make friends
- Success is made one customer at a time
- Don’t fear failure, but work your tail off to win
- Technology can be a helpful agent if you can understand and use it well
- A great product cannot be made without a great team and the patience to develop it
What is next?
- Colors! More colors are on the way for the traditional and slim fits. Finally you can add some variety to your wardrobe
- Shorts that have added length, because short shorts are embarrassing
- Video – a better medium to tell our story
TEAL Apparel provides premium long pants designed for the Long & Tall man, made of quality materials, sewn in the USA and sold on-line.
Men’s clothing for the Long & Tall, not Big & Tall